Listen up ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls; the time is now. It is now the time to do whatever it is you want in your respective lives because there may be a day right around the corner when you have to take a departure from your lifestyle. I say this because in the past week I had minor surgery (if you can even call it that), the only reason it was significant is because I was restricted to eating non-solid foods. As a result I came to the stark realization that upon recovery I needed to induldge my every food and drink fantasy that appealed to me. While I was lying there getting the work done, numbed up on novicaine I imagined what it would be like to have a procedure that was done that would render me unable to do some of the things I had been so accustomed to in my life. I decided then and there that it was only reasonable to not take anything for granted in my diet because there may come a day when it is taken away from me.
Now I understand this may not be relatable to most and incoherent to others, but if you can take away anything its that you shouldnt hold anything back. There will come a time in all of our lives when we cannot partake in certain indulgences and at that moment when we realize it, we are flooded with regrets of not doing so. As a result I condone and comission all those who read this to go where their mind takes them and not be subdued by the protocol of others or of society. Because unless it is something outrageous or catostrophic, people don't really give a shit and will go on about their business as you go about yours. As for what this article has to do with hipsters, I can only say that all I want to do is cut the legs off my jeans, buy a six pack of PBR, hop on my bycicle and pedal until I reach Davis Square to schmooze with my bretheren in all of our hipster glory. Amen.
Hear, hear!
ReplyDeleteIt must have been a low time for you, not being able to put anyone's mouth into your mouth.
ReplyDelete