Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Molly Ringwald is such a fucking hipster



Just now I turned on the TV and decided to watch the Ringwald classic ("classic" is used loosely here) Pretty in Pink while waiting for Modern Family to start. Now I don't remember much about this movie except when Ringwald makes her own prom dress out of a few hideous pink dresses (how hip/DIY of her!), but I just HAPPENED to flip to the right channel (Women's Entertainment...) at the exact right moment. Molly is working in a store (record store, perhaps?) and in walks this preppy boy she's in love with, hereafter referred to as Chip because I can't remember his name.
Chip: I didn't like that album
Molly: What?
Chip: The record. I thought it was a little too..
Molly: Too hip, maybe.
Chip: Yeah, a little too hip.
Molly: Well..
Chip: Think you can recommend something else? A little less political?
And the conversation continues briefly to artists like Lionel Richie and Madonna, but look how hip Molly Ringwald is! She's so hip that she can say an album is "too hip" ironically. Plus, you should see some of her outfits. If only she weren't currently starring in "The Secret Lives of an American Teenager", it's really cramping her style.

No comments:

Post a Comment