Monday, October 11, 2010

Rolling Stone Magazine

Rolling Stone Magazine Sucks. Does anyone even read it anymore? I flipped through it the other day and thought I was reading a campaign ad for Obama. Jesus Christ on a Cross it was horrible. The mention of music has gone way way way down, not to mention rock music in general. The state of rock is in such disarray its depressing. I remember when being on the cover used to be a big deal. Now I think they raffle it off the third Sunday of every month at the local bingo hall. Its disheartening for a number of reasons. First, the number of quality bands out there is anemic. The ones that are still worth a spin either haven't come out with material in half a decade or simply aren't touring to reach their fans. I know Weezer is doing a tour playing their two greatest albums, Blue and Pinkerton from cover to cover in back to back nights. However when I went online to pick up tickets I found myself shortchanged when the total price per ticket ranged from 75 to 90 dollars. Thats a lotta beans and it only further distances the band from their audience of fans as many of them don't have the necessary currency to fork over. Maybe I'm nostalgic but perhaps rock music is not what it once was. The likes of MTV have cornered it in an alley and sodomized it, leaving it to walk among us in shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment