Wednesday, August 11, 2010

More to Eat, Pray, Love

While I completely agree with Magnus' post about Julia Roberts' upcoming movie, I just had to mention one thing he missed that the truly heppest of cats will enjoy.  The trailer for Eat, Pray, Love actually uses Florence + the Machine's "Dog Days are Over" off of her album "Lungs".   

I've been hearing this track a lot lately and its pretty good.  Now, as far as I know, not too many people know of Florence + the Machine, yet her music is starting to appear in blockbuster movie trailers.  She may be on track to become what I like to call a "Magnetic Hero".  A Magnetic Hero is a relatively unknown band who explode due to their music being used in mainstream advertising, much in the way of Ed Sharpe's recent success, "Home".  This may better be described as The iPod Commercial Phenomenon, with examples such as Feist's "1234" or The Fratellis' "Flathead" coming to mind, but I'm sticking with Magnetic Heroes.

If you haven't heard Florence + the Machine yet, then here's the video for "Dog Days are Over" as you can see, she is one seriously dirty hipster.

No comments:

Post a Comment